Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I Wonder If Tito's Watching This.

As I write this, I'm watching what may be the freakiest thing I've ever seen on TV...the re-enactment of the day's court proceedings in the Michael Jackson case on the E! channel. What a bizarre collection of actors and bad wigs. It's as if someone said, "Hmmm, a very public molestation criminal trial of one of the world's most famous pop stars, a guy who is as strange as a three-pound note and who's nose-tip has been known to fall off at random moments...how can we make it weirder?"

The guy playing Jacko looks more like an ugly soccer-mom, and the actor playing Jackson's lead lawyer's wig keeps rotating itself to the left. Add a panel of four lawyers lending commentary, and the skeeve level shoots skyward.

The subject matter of this case is already mega-creepy, but this show makes me wanna take a shower. I have a feeling I'm already hooked.


Impersonator Edward Moss lightens his skin color with makeup.
photo courtesy New York Times

No comments: