Saturday, August 27, 2005

Free Noise, Asobi Seksu's Back, and CMJ Thoughts

--Wanna be hip and annoying at the same time? Get a free noisy ringtone from Bloc Party, The Hold Steady, or British Sea Power here, courtesy of Target.

--The official favorite local band of extrawack!, Asobi Seksu, has a few dates scheduled for September:

09/14/05 Crash Mansion / CMJ w/Controller Controller, Decibully
09/29/05 Great Scotts, Allston MA w/Oxford Collapse
09/30/05 PopMontreal, Montreal PQ support TBA

Their CMJ gig at Crash Mansion oughta be cool, at least for me, since I seem to be the only person I know that actually digs Crash Mansion. I always seem to bump into someone I know or stumble into an open bar situation. Nuttin' wrong with that. Asobi Seksu's website lists Bryan Greene as their new drummer, replacing the always rock-steady Keith Hopkin, so I assume this'll be the first gig with the new guy. Pretty ballsy to debut a new line-up during an industry show, I'd say.

--Since I've blocked off the entire week of CMJ from work, I'm really gonna enjoy it this year. I usually am only able to take in about half of what I'd like to do, and can only hit one screening at the most of the Movie Festival part. This year I plan on catching most of the films involved, and I'm really psyched for the Cameron Crowe Q&A after the Elizabethtown screening.

If any of you muggs who read this stuff plan on hitting any CMJ shows, shoot me an email and we can arrange to clink pints of beer paid for by record companies together.

No comments: