Friday, October 21, 2005

In Defense Of Robbie Williams, And More Gil Mantera's Party Dream

Popbytes has an MP3 download of a new Robbie Williams song, "Your Gay Friend", from his forthcoming Intensive Care album. I likee. Too bad there's not a radio format in NYC that would play this one. For the life of me, I don't understand the American record buying market's aversion to Robbie. I don't even think this album's even got a USA release scheduled, which is a shame because that means no tour to promote it...and if you've ever seen an RW live show, you know that he's half David Lee Roth, half Pelle Almqvist, and that's all good.

And while you are in download mode, grab this MP3 of "Elmo's Wish" from Gil Mantera's Party Dream. This is a track from their forthcoming album, Bloodsongs. The track is tagged as a demo, so I'm guessing it is. I remain hypnotized by these guys.

Come to think of it, a Robbie Williams/Gil Mantera's Party Dream tour will kill.

No comments: