Sunday, January 29, 2006

Paul Nicholas - "Heaven On The Seventh Floor"

For as long as I've been aware of the wonderous invention of the mp3, I've been searching for a copy of one of my favorite pop radio hits of all time, "Heaven On The Seventh Floor", by Paul Nicholas. The song was released in 1977, and got as high as #6 in the Billboard Top-40 charts. Loaded with handclaps, cowbell, and "Woo-hoo"'s, the song is 2 minutes and 48 seconds of disco-pop bliss. Sadly, the song's not currently available on iTunes, or any other download service for that matter.

I finally found it this week on a used CD copy of No. 1 Radio Hits Of The 70's that only cost me a buck...and the disc included a few other gems including tracks from Rod Stewart, B.T.O, Lou Rawls, and even Sammy Davis, Jr.'s "Candy Man". Nice.

Since I'm sure there's got to be at least one other knucklehead like myself who's been searching the Internets for this slice of Seventies Pop Goodness, I'm gonna post a download of it here for a few weeks. I'm also posting a classic piece of grade-school slow-dance schmaltz that was also included on this album, disco diva Teri DeSario's duet with the Behind The Music-worthy K.C. (sans Sunshine Band), "Yes I'm Ready".


Paul Nicholas - "Heaven On The Seventh Floor" mp3
Teri DeSario (with K.C.) - "Yes I'm Ready" mp3

Buy No. 1 Radio Hits Of The 70's here.

No comments: