Sunday, July 22, 2007

Siren Festival Wrap-Up

The day couldn't have been more beautiful for Siren yesterday...

I got there early with plans on splitting before it became a mobscene, and I'm glad I did based upon the amount of sunburn I discovered on the F back to Manhattan.

Of all the bands I saw, my favorite was The Twilight Sad, whom I saw for the first time. Loud, noisy, and Scottish...what's not to like?

Dr. Dog also put in a pretty great set, and I really enjoyed White Rabbits, who seemed to be having some trouble with how they sounded on stage, but sounded perfectly fine to me in the front.

White Rabbits:

White Rabbits, Siren Festival, Coney Island NYC, 21 July 07 061

Dr. Dog

Dr Dog, Siren Festival, Coney Island NYC, 21 July 07

Elvis Perkins:

Elvis Perkins, Siren Festival, Coney Island NYC, 21 July 07

The Twilight Sad:

The Twilight Sad, Siren Festival, Coney Island NYC, 21 July 07 037

Line of the day: "I liked Elvis Perkins a lot better when he was known as Clem Snide."

Best marketing swag of the day: The "Hot Rod Super Cool Mustache."

Worst marketing swag of the day: The Linkin Park stickers that could be found discarded throughout both stage areas.

If it's true that this was the last year for Siren, I'd say it was a pretty nice way for the festival to go out.


White Rabbits - "The Plot" mp3

The Twilight Sad - "And She Would Darken the Memory" mp3

No comments: