Friday, December 07, 2007

The Greatest Concert Shirt Ever?...Yo La Tengo, The dB's, Eugene Mirman, Jim James @ Maxwell's, 12/6/07

I picked this shirt up at the insanely awesome Yo La Tengo Hanukkah Night #3 show at Maxwell's in Hoboken, which also featured The dB's, Eugene Mirman, and Jim James of My Morning Jacket.



Genius, no? And t-shirt sales profits at these shows go to charity.

The dB's were fantastic, and I thought much better than when I saw them on the same stage last year. I was thrilled to be able to hear one of my favorite Christmas tunes, their "Home For The Holidays", live for the first time.

Eugene Mirman killed with a bunch of hilarious stuff about those strange ads that show up on the Internet asking you to vote for dopey topics like "Should Hilary Clinton Run For President"...even though she already is. He also took a poll amongst audience members about the best way to defend yourself in case you come upon a bear. One of the best answers was "Run into a bar", which Mirman liked since bears are probably not good at opening a door with a doorknob, and don't carry ID to get past the guy at the door checking ages.

YLT was just flat out great. There was literally not a moment where I thought, "I hope this song ends soon". Ira played like a man possessed, and they were joined at various moments by nearly every member of The dB's, and Jim James of My Morning Jacket.

Here's a shot of the amazing Yo La dB's combo...if there's a Hoboken Music Hall Of Fame, there are six shoo-in members in this photo:



Check my photo of Eugene Mirman and the set list at Brooklyn Vegan.

Yo La Tengo - "Don't Have To Be So Sad" mp3

No comments: