Monday, September 15, 2008

If Killing Joke Were 20 Years Younger And Trying For A Radio Hit...


they'd sound like Pendulum.

Pendulum is massive in Europe, and are chock full of hooks, riffs, and beats. I hear them constantly on the Boombox and BBC One channels on Sirius, and more often than not end up replaying the tunes in my head long after I switch the radio off.

Here's their "Propane Nightmares":



I've got no idea if their huge studio sound translates to the live stage, but I think I want to check it out when they arrive in the States next month for their first US tour, including a stop in NYC for CMJ:

PENDULUM NORTH AMERICAN TOUR
OCTOBER '09:
1 Boston, MA Middle East
3 Chicago, IL House of Blues
4 Toronto, ONT Kool Haus
5 Detroit, MI I Rock
7 Milwaukee, WI Turner Hall Ballroom
9 Denver, CO Bluebird Theater
11 Salt Lake City, UT Murray Theatre
13 Los Angeles, CA The Mayan
14 San Francisco, CA The Fillmore
18 Mexico City, MEX Motorkr Festival
19 Guadalajara, MEX Motorkr Festival
22 Atlanta, GA The Loft
24 Baltimore, MD Ottobar
25 New York, NY Webster Hall
26 New York, NY Bowery Ballroom


Pendulum - "Violet Hill (Coldplay cover from BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge)" mp3