Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Phantogram on tour with School of Seven Bells

I’ve been obsessed with Phantogram ever since I heard a KEXP podcast featuring “When I’m Small”—an unforgettable blend of silky vocals, aggressive beats, and spy-movie guitar. Phantogram’s self-titled debut EP, available on their Myspace page, reveals influences from artists like Portishead and the Knife, but still sounds urgent and new.


I mention Phantogram because I just read that they’re touring this month with School of Seven Bells, whose dreamy, epic “Half Asleep” was one of my favorite songs of ’08. Check out dates for this promising double bill below; now, if only they’d come to Boston…

Phantogram & School of Seven Bells

Sept. 26 – Ottobar, Baltimore, MD
Sept. 27 – Rock n Roll Hotel, Washington, DC
Sept. 28 – Local 506, Carrboro, NC
Sept. 29 – Drunken Unicorn, Atlanta, GA
Oct. 1 – Emo’s Junior, Austin, TX
Oct. 4 – Casbah, San Diego, CA
Oct. 5 – Troubadour, Los Angeles, CA
Oct. 6 – Slim’s, San Francisco, CA

No comments: