Monday, September 05, 2005

How To Chill On Labor Day In NYC...

This guy totally had it down today when I went to MOMA to check the Cezanne & Pissarro exhibition before it closes next week:



Grab a chair facing the sun next to a groovy sculpture in the garden at the Museum of Modern Art, slap some shades on, and hope the old guy in the beige jacket doesn't start yappin' about his grandkids.

I continue to be amazed at the art that building holds. I'm a member there, and I've been there dozens of times, but I always find something new that astounds me. I listened to Jane's Addiction's "Nothing's Shocking" and "Ritual de lo Habitual" in their entirety while I was there, and found them to be an excellent soundtrack to that place. The fact that the epic "Three Days" came on just as I entered the Jackson Pollock room was pretty mind-blowing, and I kept company with the splattered canvasses for the entire 10 minutes of that song.

Thankfully, "Been Caught Stealing" didn't come on while I was in the museum's Design Store, or else I might have been inspired to boost the Lee Freidlander book I was eyeing up and trying to justify forking out the dough for.

No comments: