Monday, September 05, 2005

This Is What Coldplay Looks Like From The Soundboard With A Weak Digital Camera.



The missus and I volunteered for the Oxfam table at the Coldplay show at the PNC Arts Center in Holmdel Saturday night. I love doing this kind of outreach at shows, and Coldplay is pretty great live, so this was a lot of fun. It's pretty easy to get through to people attending these shows, since Chris Martin has really done an amazing job of pimping the Make Trade Fair campaign to anyone that'll listen.

I've worked at Coldplay shows on previous tours, and it's weird to see that as they grow in popularity, how the crowd changes as well. There was a much higher percentage of meatheads/white caps/drunks at this show, which of course leads to a higher incidence of general jackassness. What makes somebody say, "I'm goin' to Coldplay tonight and I'm drinkin' 'til I puke on the concourse! Wooo-oooo!"? I dunno, but it's kind of fun to play "Guess How Drunk This Guy/Girl Is" as they approach you while they are killing time waiting for Rilo Kiley to finish up.

No comments: