Saturday, September 03, 2005

How To Help New Orleans

Wow...I guess because my last couple of posts were a bit more topical than the usual nonsense entries I make, I got about ten times as many visits as usual in the last 24 hours...I also see that a bunch of the visits were from people searching "How To Help New Orleans", so here I'll list the organizations suggested by The One Campaign, who overnight thoughtfully sent out an e-mail to members reminding them the following:

As members of ONE, we must believe that Americans can't help people around the world unless we also take care of urgent needs at home.

So true. Here's the list:

Bread for the World
Christian Children’s Fund
Christian Reformed World Relief Committee (CRWRC) Church World Service
Episcopal Relief and Development
Heifer International
International Medical Corps
International Orthodox Christian Charities
International Rescue Committee
Mercy Corps
Nazarene Compassionate Ministries
Operation Blessing
Oxfam America
Red Cross
Save the Children
United Way
World Concern
World Hope International
World Relief
World Vision

If anyone would like the above list for reposting in your own blog, or wherever, drop me an email (extrawack@gmail.com) and I'll send you back the list all HTML'd with the links for you to copy & paste.

No comments: