Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Scientists, Seksu, Starland, and Soccer

Pete Doherty's a QPR supporter. That explains everything. (thanks Michael K.)

Our friends at Friendly Fire sent us this update on Asobi Seksu:
ASOBI SEKSU has just finished recording for their second album "Citrus", and are now in the studio working on mixes. This time around they brought in the very talented Chris Zane (Les Savy Fav, Calla, the Cloud Room) to help produce the album, and we can promise you that it's going to be quite awesome. More news and live dates to come!

That Bauhaus show in Central Jersey I wrote about a couple weeks ago has been moved to the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville. After two weeks of sales of the original show, you could still get seventh row center seats, so I'm guessing they sold only about 100 advance tickets for that show! I guess the Goth contingent at Rutgers and Princeton are not what promoters thought. The new club show is $17 cheaper though, and the club setting might be a bit more fun to watch from. Speaking of Starland, they've got a Hot Hot Heat/Redwells/We Are Scientists show on 17 November for $12 that looks tasty. I've been wanting to see WAS for sometime, and I think I'd rather do it in a place where the horn-rim & folded-arms quotient is lower than Manhattan or Brooklyn.

The music world seems pretty quiet about the new Rev Run album...I like it a lot. It sounds old-school, without sounded dated, if you know what I mean. The single, Mind On The Road, samples Joan Jett's "I Love Rock & Roll" (complete with Joanie's "Owww" growl) and rocks hard. MP3 download over at Sucka Pants.

No comments: