Friday, July 07, 2006

P.M. Dawn Playing Maxwell's In August

Coinciding with the release of their new album P.M. Dawn Loves You, the amazing P.M. Dawn will be playing Maxwells on Wednesday, 2 August (tickets).

I've got a soft spot for these Jersey homies, as they've always seemed to have the same pop/soul/rock/r&b mash-up of tastes as my own (they've worked with both Elton John AND White Zombie, for cryin' out loud), not to mention the fact that they've produced some of the defining tunes of my own life.

Is there a prettier ballad than "I'd Die Without You"? Are there groovier popsongs than "Set Adrift On Memory Bliss"? I'm not so sure.

Anyway, they tore it up on last year's comeback-a-thon "Hit Me One More Time" on NBC, taking Puddle of Mudd's sketchy "Blurry" and totally turning it into a P.M. Dawn jam. Based on that appearance alone, they'll get my ten bucks at the door in Hoboken.

P.M. Dawn YouTube Video Directory

P.M. Dawn - "Set Adrift On Memory Bliss" mp3 buy

No comments: