Thursday, November 16, 2006

World's Greatest Guitar Player Makes NYC Small Club Appearance This Saturday

A while ago I wrote about my dentist, Dr. Bob Clapcich, the world's greatest guitar player.

This Saturday night, Bob and his band The Prescriptions (shown at left with Lisa Loeb at a gig they played together earlier this year...Bob's on the left) will be playing the Bitter End in a benefit for The Michael Clapcich Fund for Retinal Research, an organization dedicated to promoting research, developing treatments, and providing support for people suffering from rare inherited disorders of cobalamin (vitamin B12) transport and metabolism.

The show starts at 7:00 pm, and includes special guest Buddahead.

Buddahead - "When I Fall" mp3

I've never seen The Prescriptions, but I have seen Bob rock a mean set of classic-rock covers. I'm told the show will also feature the NYC rock club debut of Bob's foxy and sassy dental assistant Erica on background vocals, so this could be one of those moments when you can catch a show that will be written about in twenty years in Rolling Stone's "Great Shows Of The Twenty-First Century" issue.

Or December's issue of Molar Monthly.

No comments: