Saturday, June 02, 2007

If You Were A Fan Of The Old WLIR & WDRE, This'll Make Your Skin Crawl.


As a fan of WLIR/WDRE from back in the day when they were one of the most influential radio stations in terms of alternative music, I was surprised to find that they are still on the air at 107.1, which I can't pick up where I live in Jersey.

A friend directed me to their MySpace with an "I'm warning you...", and sure enough, I was creeped to find out what was sitting top o' the table on their most recently posted playlist:




WLIR 107.1FM

PLAYLIST – 04/03/07

ARTIST/TITLE/LABEL/SPINS


1. DAUGHTRY/ IT'S NOT OVER/ RCA/19/BMG/ 43

2. THE KILLERS/ READ MY MIND/ ISLAND/ 43

3. KAISER CHIEFS/ RUBY/ UNIVERSAL/MOTOWN/ 43

4. THE SHINS/ PHANTON LIMB/ SUB POP/ 42

5. MUSE/ STARLIGHT/ WARNER/ 42

6. SNOW PATROL/ YOU'RE ALL I HAVE/ INTERSCOPE/ 42

7. INCUBUS/ DIG/ EPIC/IMMORTAL/ 41

8. NORAH JONES/ THINKING ABOUT YOU/ EMI/ 26

9. OK GO/ DO WHAT YOU WANT/ CAPITOL/ 21

10. MIKA/ GRACE KELLY/ CASABLANCA/UNIVERSAL/ 21



Holy moly. What a fall from grace.


To their credit, when I called up the station's online stream, they were playing the always fun and appropriate "Groovy Train" by The Farm.


The Farm - "Groovy Train" mp3 buy



No comments: