Thursday, November 17, 2005

Cribs, Germs, Maps, Crummy Prog Bands, and More!

An interesting interview with the woman who picks the music for The O.C. and it's series of mix discs is here. (via Boblog)

Damian Kulash of OK Go has been guest-blogging at Coolfer...his most recent post is a coherant tirade against copy-protected CD's like the ones Sony is currently trying to save face over.

Brooklyn Vegan has more info on that X show at Roseland that we told you about in October, and also details of a couple of Germs "reunion" shows (with actor Shane West taking the Darby Crash spot) at The Continental.

I got an e-mail from Murph at the always interesting False 45th, asking why I didn't mention the set by The Occasion in my post about the Art Brut/Maxwell's show. The answer was simple...I thought they Buh-LEW. I've never been one to knock bands for sucking, mostly because I'm not a performer or a musician, so I'm not gonna slag anyone for giving it a shot...so I'll let One Louder do it for me.

Wayfaring takes the Google Map and the Frappr Map concepts one further and allows you to create your own personal "Points Of Interest" map. As a test-run, I've created one here, and marked out the park where I go running every couple days listening to Annie remixes on the iPod while trying to avoid the weird guy who walks around there with the parrot on his shoulder. (via mister snitch)

And finally, the fine folks at Rvng (who brought you last week's gratis Art Brut show at Tribeca Grand, are throwing their final Fixed night there next week with The Cribs...here are the details from their mailing list email of this morning:

NEXT SATURDAY....NOVEMBER 26TH 2005

THE FINAL FIXED AT TRIBECA GRAND.

W/ SPECIAL GUESTS THE CRIBS

And as always...resident DJ's Dave P. and JDH
Illuminating the dance floor with a dance revolution!!!

@ The Tribeca Grand Hotel (sublevel)
2 Avenue of the Americas (6th & White)
NYC

10pm - 4am

FREE!!! W/ RSVP TO GETRAD@IGETRVNG.COM


Yeah, free is always good.

No comments: