Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Another Reason Why I Love Rhino...First 5 Pogues Studio Albums Reissued.

If you are a fan of this blog, you know of our deep love of The Pogues...

Having said that, you can understand how psyched I am about Rhino's reissuing of their first five studio albums, complete with bonus tracks and expanded liner notes. I've got my favorite two titles, and the remastering makes a nice improvement in sound quality, even to my burned-out ears. Here's what Rhino says about those two:

Rum, Sodomy & The Lash (buy):
One of Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time, 1985's Rum, Sodomy & The Lash was produced by Elvis Costello and features "I'm A Man You Don't Meet Every Day" and "A Pair Of Brown Eyes." Six rare bonus tracks include "A Pistol For Paddy Garcia," "London Girl," and "The Parting Glass." An expanded booklet contains poetic opening words by Tom Waits and liner notes by David Quantick.


If I Should Fall From Grace With God (buy):
The Pogues' Steve Lillywhite-produced 1988 masterpiece was their first album to enter the Billboard chart. Features the signature tracks "Fairytale Of New York" and "Bottle Of Smoke." Six rare bonus tracks include the traditionals "Mountain Dew" and "South Australia" and Shane MacGowan's "Shanne Bradley." An expanded booklet contains opening recollections by Steve Earle and liner notes by Gavin Martin.

Rhino's Pogues Listening Party is here.

Here's Rhino's Pogues E-card.

If Rhino Records was a girl, I'd SO want to make out with her.

The Pogues - "Streams Of Whiskey" mp3

No comments: